BPS Clerk Syllabus 2016 and Exam Pattern for Prelims and Mains: Get IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2016 topic wise details for both prelims and mains exams.
IBPS clerk syllabus for prelims and mains exams with detailed analysis.The IBPS conducts clerk prelims and mains exams to short the list of the candidates.Both these IBPS clerk exams are online based but the syllabus and exam pattern is absolutely different.
IBPS changed exam pattern and syllabus for mains exam. All changes updated in this post.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Syllabus 2016 – The complete section wise syllabus and the number of expected questions on each topic.
IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus 2016 – The complete section wise syllabus and analysis on the topics with number of expected questions.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Syllabus:
|Sr. No.||Name of Section||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||1 hour|
The IBPS clerk prelims exam is a computer based online test. 3 sections are included in the IBPS clerk prelims syllabus for 100 marks. According to the exam pattern, the weigh age given as – reasoning ability (35 marks), Numerical ability (35 marks) and English language (30 marks) for the maximum 100 marks with a time span of 1 hour.
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for online main examination.
IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus:
|Sr. No||Section||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Time|
|2.||English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||40||50||30 minutes|
|4.||General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5.||Computer Knowledge||40||20||20 minutes|
The qualified candidates in the prelims exam are eligible to take the other computer based online test i.e IBPS clerk mains.Here the candidate will face a bit of tough questions as compared to the prelims exam.There are 5 sections included in mains exam, they are reasoning, English, Aptitude, general awareness and computer knowledge.
Penalty for Wrong Answers Applicable to both IBPS Clerk 2016 prelims and mains exam, see the latest changes in exam pattern explained below.
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern:
- All questions in both the exams will be available bilingually (in English and Hindi) except for English Language section.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers. One fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty for wrong answers.
- There is no penalty for unanswered questions.
- The scores will be normalized to equate the difficulty level of the papers in different slots.
- You will be required to score a minimum overall cut off (decided by the authority ate the time of result declaration) in both Prelims and Mains exams.
- Aspirant should score minimum cut off scores in each of the sections in both IBPS clerk prelims and mains exams.
- IBPS Clerk Prelims score not considered for final selection.
- However, only the score of the Main examination will be considered for Final Merit Listing.
- The final score will be scaled to a maximum of 100 marks.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2016 for prelims and mains exams.
IBPS syllabus and exam pattern for PO, Clerk, SO & RRB exams: