IBPS PO Exam 2016 : Know Everything about the IBPS PO Exam 2016 — Are you looking for accurate information on the IBPS PO Exam 2016? if yes, this article will answer all your queries.
1. How long is the IBPS PO Exam?
The total testing time for the IBPS PO Prelims online test is around 1 hour. This exam contains multiple choice questions and measures your knowledge in the English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability sections.
The total time for IBPS PO Mains exam is 2 hours. All questions in the IBPS PO Mains exam are objective type and each question carries 1 mark equally.
- IBPS PO Prelims online test timing: 1 hour
- IBPS PO Mains online test timing: 2 hours
2. What is the minimum Qualification Required for IBPS PO Exam?
A Graduation/Degree in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online
3. What is the Age limit for IBPS PO Exam?
Minimum: 20 years.
Maximum: 30 years
4. I completed graduation with 50% marks. Am I Eligible?
Yes, you are eligible. Pass marks are more than enough to appear the IBPS PO online test.
5. Is There Any Relaxation in Age for Reserved Category Candidates?
Yes. As per the Indian government rules for admissions and jobs, there will be an upper age limit relaxation for the reserved category candidates as given below.
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
- 3 years for OBC candidates.
- 10 years for Persons With Disabilities.
- 5 years for Ex-Servicemen.
6. How do I register for the IBPS PO Exam?
You need to register in online at www.ibps.in to appear for the IBPS PO exam.Once the notification out, the IBPS online registration will be provided with the last date to submit the IBPS PO online application form.
Register yourself easily by filling and paying the application form and registration fee.
7. How to Pay Application fees?
Application fees can be paid in the following ways
Online — using any credit card/ debit card/ net banking
Offline — no more accepted.
The application fee is Rs 100 for SC/ST/PWD candidates and Rs 600 for all others.
8. How to Download Admit card for IBPS PO Exam?
All the registered candidates for the IBPS PO exam must enter their registration number and password/date of birth at www.ibps.in call letter link to download Admit card for the both prelims and mains exams separately. IBPS PO Admit cards are available for the both prelims and mains exams before the 2 weeks of the exam dates.
- IBPS PO Prelims admit card download from 2 October 2016.
- IBPS PO Mains admit card is available to download from 6 November 2016.
9. When will be the next IBPS PO Exam date for 2016?
IBPS PO Exam dates for prelims and mains online tests announced for 2016.
- IBPS PO Prelims Exam will conduct on 16, 22 and 23 October 2016.
- IBPS PO Mains Exam scheduled on 20 November 2016.
10. Can I change the Date or location of my IBPS PO Exam?
No, at any circumstances. You are not allowed to change the exam date and location after the registration.
11. Is there any penalty for wrong answers in IBPS PO Exam?
Yes.For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the final score of the candidate. Negative marks are applicable to both IBPS PO preliminary and mains examinations.
12. Should I Pass my test in Each Section Separately?
Yes.Candidate should pass in each and every section separately.Based on the cut-off marks decided by the authority, the candidate will get pass/fail status.
In addition, each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score. The IBPS PO cut off marks are different from one category/caste to another.
13. How Can I Prepare for the IBPS PO Exam?
To prepare for the IBPS PO exam, the candidate must understand the question paper pattern and the number of questions will ask in each topic of the section. Here are the list of the IBPS PO preparation tips to crack the prelims and mains exams.
- Refer previous year IBPS PO Prelims/Mains question papers.
- Prepare the list of topics and weight age under each section.
- Take an online practice test and solve the problems as quickly as possible.
- Do not attempt unknown questions to minimize negative marks.
- Use shortcut tips and formulas to solve questions of aptitude and reasoning sections.
- Don’t stick on one question to solve for a very long time.
- Marked answers accuracy plays a major role so confidently attempt questions.
- Quickly refer all the topics before a day of the exam date.
14. What is the IBPS PO Selection process?
The candidate got selected if he/she clears the following 3 stages.
Stage 1: IBPS PO Prelims Exam— This is an online test, where 100 questions will be asked for 100 marks. Need to qualify in each and every section separately.
Stage 2: IBPS PO Mains Exam + Descriptive test— In the IBPS PO Mains exam, there will be objective tests for 200 marks and descriptive test for 50 marks. Here also need to qualify in each section separately to qualify for the interview.
Stage 3: Interview— This is the final round in the IBPS PO selection process. The candidate should attend for the Interview with call letter, original certificates, and scorecard at the given venue. Based on the performance, the candidate will appoint as a probationary officer in the respective bank.
Note: Candidates who have been shortlisted in the main exam will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Bank/Organization.Marks Obtained only in the IBPS PO Mains exam will be considered for shortlisting for Interview.
15. What are the best books for IBPS PO Preparation?
Always buy the best books to prepare for the IBPS PO prelims and mains exams. Below you can have the complete list of useful books to crack the IBPS PO exam.
IBPS PO Reasoning Books
A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Revised Edition – RS Agarwal
A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal 2nd Edition – Indu Sijwali & B. S. Sijwali
Comprehensive Guide to IBPS – CWE Bank PO (English) 3rd Edition – Disha Publications.
IBPS PO Aptitude Books
Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
The Complete Success Package – Bank PO Recruitment Examination (English) 7 – Arihant Publications
IBPS PO Computer Knowledge Books
Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy by Kiran Publication
Computer Awareness (English) 7th Edition – Arihant Publication
IBPS PO English Language Books
Target IBPS-CWE Bank PO/ MT Exam Practice Workbook with CD (3rd English edition) – Disha Publication
Essential English grammar by Murphy
IBPS PO Banking Awareness Books
Guide To Banking General Awareness & Banking Aptitude Test – By R. Gupta.
16. What is the Syllabus for IBPS PO Exam?
The IBPS PO Syllabus for prelims and mains exams are different.The complete syllabus with detailed analysis explained in the following links.
17. Which of the Banks accepts IBPS PO Scorecards?
List of the banks participating in the IBPS recruitment process, the complete data listed in the following table. According to the IBPS PO notification for CWE 6, there are totally 22 banks are accepting the scorecards.
- Allahabad Bank
- Canara Bank
- Indian Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Corporation Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of India
- Dena Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- United Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Any other bank or financial institution
18. How Can I get an Official IBPS PO Exam Scorecard?
The candidates can download their scorecards from the official website i.e http://ibpsresults.sifyitest.com/login.php. Just enter your registration number/roll number and date of birth/password to download an official IBPS PO scorecard.
19. How Long are IBPS PO Scorecard Valid?
IBPS PO Scorecards are valid for 1 year.Automatically it will get expire after one year without any notice.
20. Where to access the complete information on IBPS PO Exam?
Read an official notification for the IBPS PO Recruitment 2016 at www.ibps.in or
Access the IBPS PO exam information provided in the below table.
21.What is the upcoming/current IBPS PO Exam?
IBPS PO/MT CWE 6 notification for recruitment of over 8200 jobs released.
Learn more about the IBPS PO Recruitment 2016 along with an online application form, schedule, admit card, result, syllabus, etc.