IBPS PO Syllabus 2016 — The new IBPS PO 2016 syllabus and exam pattern for Probationary officer prelims and main exams. IBPS po prelims and mains exam syllabus is completely different from one to other.
This new exam pattern changed the selection process as well. This article has been written for the candidates, who are going to appear for IBPS PO/MT preliminary and main exams.
Also see: Know everything about IBPS PO 2016 exam.
IBPS PO prelims syllabus 2016 and exam pattern.
- IBPS PO Prelims exam is a 1 hour, multiple-choice, multi-sections test required by most of the public sector banks in India.
- IBPS PO Prelims online test is covered in 3 sections they are English Language, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude.
- IBPS PO 2016 prelims exam evaluates the aspirants overall knowledge and skills with 100 questions for 100 marks.
- For each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from the aspirant’s final score.
- Question Paper will available in Engilish and Hindi languages (except English language section).
|Sr. No.||Name of Section||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Duration|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||1 hour|
IBPS PO Prelims exam to be conducted on 16th, 22nd and 23rd October 2016.The mode of written test consist of objective type questions.The syllabus of objective type written test consist of test of reasoning ability(35 questions), test of quantitative aptitude(35 questions) and test of English language(30 questions). The maximum time duration for this PO prelims exam is 60 minutes.The selection will be made based on the marks scored in main exam and interview.
|Sr. No||Section||No. of Qs||Max. Marks||Time|
IBPS PO mains syllabus 2016 and exam pattern. IBPS PO Mains exam to be conducted on 20th of November 2016.The mode of IBPS PO mains written test consist of objective type questions.The syllabus of IBPS PO main exam consist of reasoning ability(50 questions), quantitative aptitude(50 questions) , English language(40 questions), general awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry) and computer knowledge(20 questions). The maximum time duration for this IBPS PO mains exam is 2 hours.Try to use shortcut methods and tips to solve quantitative aptitude questions and save time to look at the other sections as well.
IBPS PO 2016 exam pattern clearly explained, check it carefully.
- For each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from the final score. So you will lose 1/4th of marks for every wrong option.
- IBPS PO Prelims and mains exams will available in Hindi and English language except English section.
- The candidates, who qualified qualified in prelims, only they are allowed to take the IBPS Mains exam.
- Both the IBPS PO Preliminary and Main exams are computer based online tests.
- The minimum cutoff score for individual section will decided by the IBPS, after announcing the final results.
- IBPS PO cutoff marks are different from one community to the other. For example, if SC/ST candidates will get 10-12 marks lesser than open category candidates, even though they will qualify for the further rounds.
Also checkout :
The complete IBPS syllabus 2016 and exam pattern: