TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2016 : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, TNPSC group 4 syllabus 2016 in English and Tamil (pdf download here) announced by the commission with exam pattern.
TNPSC group 4 exam 2016 contains 3 sections, namely, general studies, aptitude test and English/Tamil for 300 marks. A total of 100 questions will be asked from general studies (75 questions) and aptitude test (25 questions). The remaining 100 questions will come from general English/Tamil section alone.The overall testing time for the TNPSC group 4 exam is about three hours.
Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the exam the list of candidates in order for counselling will be announced in the TNPSC official website. After verification of the original certificates the candidates will be selected for the unit / department based on the option exercised and on eligibility at the time of counselling.
TNPSC group 4 exam will conduct on November 6, 2016. Get your TNPSC hall ticket for group 4 exam by entering your registration number and date of birth.
TNPSC group 4 syllabus 2016 and exam pattern:
|Subject||No. of Qsns||Max marks||Time(hrs)||Qualifying|
|General English/ General Tamil||100|
- Two types of question papers will be set. One type of question paper will contain 200 multiple choice based questions on General Studies (75 questions) + Aptitude Test (25 questions) and General English (100 questions).
- The other will contain the same objective based 200 questions on General Studies (75 questions) + Aptitude Test (25 questions) and General Tamil (100 questions).
- Candidates are given the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 questions apart from answering the first 100(75+25) questions on General Studies and Aptitude Test.
- The questions on General Studies will be set both in English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil/ General English will be set in the respective languages.
Section Wise Syllabus for TNPSC group 4 exam 2016:
All 200 objective questions will be given from the following 8 sections.
- Unit I — General Science
- Unit II — Current Events
- Unit III — Geography
- Unit IV — History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu
- Unit V — Indian Polity
- Unit VI — Indian Economy
- Unit VII — Indian National Movement
- Unit XIII — Aptitude and Mental ability test
The topic and section wise syllabus helps you to easily get through in the TNPSC group 4 exam.Prepare according to the new syllabus in English and Tamil and refer a few model papers to understand the basic structure of TNPSC group 4 exam.
|UNIT-I GENERAL SCIENCE|
|Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology|
|UNIT-II CURRENT EVENTS|
|UNIT- III GEOGRAPHY|
|Earth and Universe-Solar system-Monsoon,|
|weather & climate -Water resources|
|rivers in India|
|Soil, minerals & natural resources|
|Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern|
|Transport including surface transport & communication|
|population-density and distribution|
|UNIT – IV HISTORY AND CULTURE OF INDIA AND TAMIL NADU|
|Indus valley civilization-Guptas|
|Mughals and Marathas|
|Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis|
|South Indian history-Culture andHeritage of Tamil people|
|India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture|
|Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom-India-as secular state-|
|Growth of rationalist|
|Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes|
|UNIT-V Indian Polity|
|Constitution of India|
|States and Union Territories|
|UNIT-VI INDIAN ECONOMY|
|Nature of Indian economy|
|Five-year plan models|
|an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture-|
|Application of science in agriculture|
|Rural welfare oriented programmer|
|Social sector problems|
|population, education, health, employment, poverty-Economic trends in Tamil Nadu|
|UNIT-VII INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT|
|Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore|
|Different modes of agitations-|
|Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji|
|Bharathiar & others|
|UNIT-VIII APTITUDE & MENTAL ABILITY TESTS|
|Conversion of information to data-Collection,|
|compilation and presentation of data|
|Tables, graphs, diagrams|
|Analytical interpretation of data Simplification-|
|Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)-|
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Simple interest-Compound interest|
|Time and Work|
|Logical Reasoning-Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning|