SBI clerk 2017 recruitment, SBI clerk 2017 apply online application form, admit card, eligibility and syllabus details.
SBI stands for State Bank of India. This government body is one of the oldest and most trusted banks of the nation. It has been the leading bank of India over the past few decades, and offers great job security to its employees. Hence, every graduate eagerly awaits the recruitment notice announced by the bank every year.
The State Bank of India was first established in the 19th century. In July 1955, the Imperial Bank of India was replaced by the State Bank of India. The headquarters of SBI is in Mumbai, India.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2017 Notification
SBI Clerk 2017: Like every other bank, the first face of SBI is the clerk. When you walk into a bank, you see various counters for cash deposit, cash withdrawal, general inquiry, etc. Each counter is assigned to an individual who knows everything there is to know about the rules of banking. These individuals are called clerks.
Every year, the SBI offers job opportunities to eligible graduates. This year as well, the bank is expected to announce the recruitment dates officially by May 2017. This year, the total number of vacancies for the associates is 12000.
The recruitment process is a bit long and initially, is online. If you are a graduate who is willing to apply for a job for the post of a clerk in SBI, this article will help you muster all the details you need to know.
SBI Clerk Application Form 2017
The SBI Clerk application form is available on the official website of State Bank of India (www.sbi.co.in). You can fill this form online by following the instructions mentioned. Fill in the required details and submit the form. Once submitted, your registration number will be generated, which you can note down for personal reference.
The application form fee is Rs. 600 for the general category and Rs. 100 for ST/SC/OBC/Ex-servicemen.
SBI Clerk Application form link enabled from: the first week of September 2017
The Last date to submit SBI Clerk online application form: Last week of September 2017
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2017
Before applying, you need to make sure that you have the basic knowledge of SBI and its functioning. The eligibility criteria for the post of a clerk are mentioned as below.
Education – the aspirant must have graduation (or equivalent qualification) in any stream from government recognized institutions of respective streams.
Nationality – the aspirant must have the certificate of citizenship of India. Citizens of Nepal/Bhutan/Bangladesh are allowed provided if they have a valid certificate that states their intention of settling in India.
Age limit – the aspirant’s age must be between 20-28 years old. However, certain age relaxation is allowed. The age relaxation for various categories is as follows:
- SC/ST – 33 years
- OBC – 31 years
- Person with disability (general)– 38 years
- Person with disability (SC/ST) – 43 years
- Person with disability (OBC) – 41 years
- Domiciles of Jammu and Kashmir – 33 years
- Ex-servicemen – actual period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years (8 years for disabled person), subjected to maximum age of 50 years.
- Widows/divorced women (general) – 35 years
- Widows/divorced women (SC/ST) – 40 years
- Widows/divorced women (OBC) – 38 years
SBI Clerk 2017 Event Schedule
The conventional process for the SBI clerk 2017 recruitment is:
- Filling of online application form
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal interview
- Declaration of results (usually in end of August, or beginning of September)
Since the official announcement has not been made yet, the exact dates of the events of the recruitment process are not known. However, from the previous records, the tentative dates can be predicted. Based on the annual tradition, here is the approximate event schedule of the recruitment process for 2017.
- Availability of SBI clerk online application form – 1st week of April
- Deadline for submitting the online application form – last week of April
- Release of SBI clerk admit card for preliminary exam – 3rd week of May
- SBI clerk preliminary exam – last week of May
- SBI clerk preliminary exam result announcement – June
- Release of SBI clerk admit card for main exam – last week of June
- SBI clerk main exam – 2nd week of July
- SBI clerk main exam result announcement – 3rd week of August
- Declaration of final result – last week of August
SBI Clerk Syllabus and Exam Details
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2017 – The exam for the SBI clerk post is conducted online and has two phases (preliminary and main). They have multiple-choice questions, each carrying one mark, and have negative marking. They can be given in both English, and Hindi.
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus
|1||English Language||30||30||1 Hour|
The preliminary exam is an hour long, and has 100 questions divided into following sections
- English-language – 30 marks
- Numerical ability – 35 marks
- Reasoning – 35 marks
SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus
|General / Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
The main exam is 2 hours 40 min long, and has 190 questions divided into following sections.
- General/financial awareness – 50 marks
- General English – 40 marks
- Quantitative aptitude – 50 marks
- General reasoning and computer aptitude – 60 marks
SBI Clerk Cut off Marks 2017
The SBI clerk cut-offs depend on the number of vacancies in the particular state.
However, it is mandatory to secure passing marks in the exams to qualify for the next round. The expected cut-offs for 2017 are:
- English-language – 75 (general) ; 3.25 (SC/ST/OBC)
- Numerical ability – 5.50 (general) ; 2.00 (SC/ST/OBC)
- Reasoning ability – 7.75 (general) ; 3.25 (SC/ST/OBC)
SBI Clerk Admit Card 2017
SBI Clerk Admit Card 2017 – Download SBI Clerk admit cards are issued on the official website of the State Bank of India prior to the examinations. Candidates can access their admit cards by entering their registration number or roll number and password or date of birth.
SBI Clerk Result 2017
SBI Clerk result 2017 for prelims and main examinations to be out on the official website as per given event schedule. The final selection of the candidates will be made from the top ranked candidates in each category based on SBI clerk cut off 2017 and availability of posts.